Thursday, April 10, 2014

Why the Web Still Matters for Writing

After reading this post by Ben Thompson, I can agree with him that the web is not dead. Thompson makes the comment that "the web is like water" filling in the gaps and I agree. As an avid iPhone user myself, I find myself using my phone's internet browser to do various things such as online shop or to look up information. Though I use apps on my phone on a regular basis, when looking up news or information, I find myself veering toward the web. Thompson says that now with computer-like capabilities on our phones, we have the ability to look up information wherever we go. I think that this makes the web so much more valuable. Like Thompson says, a reader no longer has to pick up one newspaper for an information source, but can use the web to look up the story or the author. I agree when he says the power of the web is to fill the gaps and with changing trends, the web has the flexibility to change along with it. I think that the web's flexibility and ability to cater to any user's needs is what will make it stay alive for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment