Friday, April 11, 2014

Why the Web Still Matters for Writing

Being a journalism major in college, it is hard to imagine life without the internet, especially since it has proven to be my main source of information.  Why the Web Still Matters for Writing is an interesting article in that author Ben Thompson fights against the many assumptions of “The Web is Dead.”  I agree with his personal ideas in his article because I find myself relying on online information more so now than I did in the past, and I can only see this growing with time.  Also, my generation grew up with the web, and our dependency on it is why I also agree with Thompson’s opinion piece.  Thompson's piece relates to what we have been discussing because the internet being “alive” is the backbone of our class, and if this were to change, the majority of what we have learned could possibly become insubstantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment